Rent & Repairs App
Our 'My Account' rent & repairs* app is available free to all Weaver Vale customers. Features include;
- Pay rent online
- Book (and reschedule) repairs 24/7
- Check your rent balance
- Update your contact details
The App also has a built in self-diagnose function which customers can use to correctly diagnose potential repairs before booking the appointments. The App is available on both the Google play store and Apple store allowing customers to manage tenancies whenever and whereever they need to. To use/register for the app click here
If you have an emergency repair call us on 0300 303 9848. At certain times our out of hours call centre experiences high call demand and you may have to wait on hold. You can request a call back if you are unable to hold.
An Emergency Repar is any repair that is required in order to sustain the immediate health, safety or security of the customer at risk or affects the structure of the property. Here you will find a guide to what is an emergency repair.
- A suspected gas escape or carbon monoxide leak; IMPORTANT Please leave the house and call the National Gas Emergencies number immediately on 0800 111 999, please then call us on 0300 303 9848
- Loss of entire supply of electricity, and/or water and/or gas in your home
- If there is a total loss of power, water or gas, please check with your neighbours to see if other properties are affected before contacting us. If more than one property is affected please check your gas or electricity suppliers website. If just your property is affected call us on 0300 303 9848
- Loss of the entire heating provision in your home.
- If you have alternative heating such as an electric, gas or solid fuel fire then this will not be classed as an emergency unless there are vulnerability issues to consider, our Customer 1st Hub colleagues will discuss this during your call
- Loss of hot water facilities in your home. Where your health condition requires regular bathing and where there is no electric shower please call us on 0300 303 9848
- Serious plumbing leaks where the property structure is in danger of damage (If the leak is containable this is may not be considered to be an emergency)
- Serious structural failures in your home. If you feel your home is unsafe, please leave and call us. If you feel there is imminent danger to life call 999.
- Your home is not secure / broken glazing to windows. If the external window pane only is cracked this would not be considered an emergency. The emergency repair will be to board up the window only to 1st floor.
- Toilet is blocked and its the only one in the house.
- If you have one toilet and that is blocked please call us on 0300 303 9848
- If you have more than one working toilet this is not an emergency repair. If the blockage is affecting more than one property, please contact United Utilities on https://www.unitedutilities.com/emergencies/
- Main drain is blocked. If the blockage is affecting more than one property please contact United Utilities on https://www.unitedutilities.com/emergencies/
- Communal door entry system is broken (where access is being restricted/left insecure)
- Service lifts (including stair lifts) are not working
- Locked out of your home.
- Please be aware that this will be a rechargeable cost to you (approx £120.00). Are you able to gain access through another door or has a neighbour or family member got a key to your property? If your tenancy is in joint names, permission to carry out the repair will be required from both of you. If you require a lock to be changed for any other reason, please contact us.
- Mains smoke alarm and/or carbon monoxide (CO) alarm is faulty
Your Questions Answered
There are a lot of Weaver Vale vans on the roads, why isn't my repair being done?
We are are still operating our repairs service in line with government guidelines to keep our staff and customers safe. This means sometimes we have to reduce the number of staff in a home at any one time, so you may see staff in vans as they wait for their colleagues to finish their part of the repair.
The appointment to carry out my non urgent repair has been booked in for a few months time, why?
We are booking repairs on a risk based approach. This means where a repair has potential to cause harm to a customer or further damage to the property, these repairs will be prioritised first. We are looking to work with some trusted contractors to assist with delivery of some plastering works.
Why is my neighbours repair being done before mine even though I reported mine first?
We understand that all repairs are important to our customers, in some areas of work such as Plastering and Roofing works we have a backlog due to a delay in materials, our current working processes and COVID affecting our staff. It means we are having to prioritise some repairs on a risk based approach.
This may mean that you see a neighbour getting works completed quicker that yours.
I have been waiting before Covid for job to be done and now Weaver Vale are using Covid as an excuse.
At the time of the first national lockdown there were appointments booked into diaries for our staff to attend, which we had to suspend due to government guidelines.
These repairs will have been reported before Covid, but the completion has been affected by Covid. We are working through these using a risk based approach.
Why has my repair been cancelled/rearranged at short notice?
We are dealing with daily challenges due to COVID, on occasions our staff have to isolate, this may result in appointments being rearranged.
We are still working closely with supply companies because there are national shortages of some products.
Why are the Trust spending more money on gardens than inside homes?
We have the same responsibilities to carry out repairs externally. Staff that undertake this work have specific skills and by reducing this type of work it wouldn't give us any extra capacity to deal with internal repairs.
Why is it taking longer for repairs to be carried out?
Covid means that we have had to follow more H&S guidelines including extra PPE for employees and cleaning surfaces down after the works are completed.
We are currently working with a reduced workforce as people have to isolate in line with government guidelines.
It's been hard to get through to you by phone.
We are sorry but our phone lines are busier. Our Customer Hub team are still working from home and doing their best to handle the increased calls we have been experiencing. To save time you can download our FREE My Account app to book/change a repair and check your rent balance.
Why do you need to take a photo of my repair?
We’ve recently amended our repairs process and now ask our trades colleagues to take before and after work photos on all jobs they carry out in customers homes.
Why are we doing this?
This helps provide an audit trail of the work we've completed, ensures the works are completed to a good standard and that the work area is left clean and safe for you.
During the current Covid Pandemic we may not be able to meet our usual response times as detailed below, as we face daily challenges from customers and staff having to self isolate and a delay with our supporting contractors and material suppliers as a direct impact from Covid-19
We understand that all repairs are important to you. However, we group repairs into different priorities to make sure we deal with the most urgent ones quicker.
We group repairs as follows:
Responsive Repairs - These are undertaken on a priority basis based on the nature of the report.
Emergency Priority One - We aim to complete these within 24 hours.
Routine Priority Three - We aim to complete these within 28 days and are non-emergency.
When you book a repair we will provide you with an appointment date and time slot convenient to you.
The time slots that we are able to offer are:
All Day – This appointment will be attended to at some time during the working day, from 7.30am (with customers agreement), if not between 8.00am to 5.00pm.
AM – This appointment will be attended from 7:30am (with customers agreement), if not 8.00am to 12.00 midday
PM – This appointment will be attended to between 12:00 midday to 5.00pm
School Run – Customers have a choice of an appointment between the hours of 9:30am and 3:00pm, or 10:00am and 2 pm this is used to accommodate customers who need to drop off, and collect children from school move to the start of School run.
Programmed Repairs: For work that will take more than four hours to complete, we will draw up a timeplan with you, with a target completion time not exceeding one year from when it was reported.
Please note Priority One repairs are for emergencies only and if any repair requests are found not to be a genuine emergency, then you may be charged for the works. Likewise, any repairs that are deemed to have been requested as a result of damage caused by you, you may also be charged for them.
Repairs and Upgrades Explained
We receive lots of questions around repairs, as well as upgrades and alterations. Although we have a dedicated policy (which you can view here), these are some of key questions we regularly receive when it comes to our repairs service.
How do I report a repair?
You can report a repair by calling 0300 303 9848 or download our new App.
If you have an emergency repair please call us on 0300 303 9848. An Emergency is any repair that is required in order to sustain the immediate health, safety or security of the customer at risk or affects the structure of the property
How long am I expected to wait for a non-urgent repair?
Our aim is to complete non-urgent routine repairs within 28 days of it being reported to us. We'll make an appointment at a time that is convenient for you. We will also send you a text message or letter confirming your appointment.
Which repairs is Weaver Vale Housing Trust responsible for in my home?
- Baths and Basins- damged or loose
- Communal areas
- Decoration to building (external)
- Disabled adaptations maintenance (such as adapted showers/handrails/stairlifts)
- Doors, door locks & door frames(external & Internal)
- Double glazing (failed/misty inits)
- Drainage/Blocked Gully/Grid
- Electrical Repairs
- Faulty taps
- Fences, walls and Gates
- Floor boards
- Gas fires
- Gutters, roof, chimneys
- Heating and hot water
- Light fittings
- Path from front gate to entrance and one flag around the perimeter, steps and ramps installed by WVHT
- Smoke, heat and Carbon Monoxide alarms
- Waste pipes
- Window frames and fittings
Which repairs am I responsible for in my home?
- Chains and plugs
- Decoration (internal)
- Domestic appliances e.g. cookers, fridges, washing machines (including fitting)
- Environmental treatmean of wasps and ants nests, vermin, pigeon, squirrel, flea or beetle infestation
- Fixtures and Fittings (such as coat hooks, light shades, curtains rails, toilet roll holders)
- Floor coverings, grippers & door bars
- Garden maintenance
- Glazing (broken glass)
- Loss of keys
- Oven hoods
- Sheds and Garages
- Shower curtain, rail, toilet roll holder, towel rail, sink plugs and chains, toilet seats
- TV aerial
- Washing line/Rotary Airers
When will my fixtures and fittings be upgraded?
We plan our programme of works based on the information we have regarding your property. We will also look at wear and tear and check this against the life expectancy and condition to determine which fixtures and fittings are due for replacement or upgrade. If a fixture or fitting is still in working order, we will continue to repair it until it is no longer fit for purpose. If you believe the item is beyond repair, please get in touch.
Can I make alterations to my property?
We usually allow this to happen but you must get in touch with us first. You can apply for permission using this online form or by submitting it in writing.
You may be charged for a repair if it is clear that the damage was caused by you or someone who was in your property. You may be charged in advance for the following repairs:
- Replacement keys (unless you have a crime number)
- Assisting you if you are locked out
- General repairs not attributed to wear & tear
- Re-glazing (unless you have a police crime reference number)
- Damage to the property not attributed to wear & tear
- Removal of structures without our permission
- Any work undertaken without prior permission from the Trust
COVID-19 Information for Customers
We understand even as we move through the gradual lifting of Government restrictions, COVID-19 continues to be a worrying situation, the safety of our colleagues and customers is our utmost priority.
Service Update September 2021
With the latest stage of the England wide lockdown roadmap having taken effect from 19th July we wanted to let customers know how this affects our services. All of our services remain available, more information can be found here.
We have a responsibility to keep our colleagues and customers safe. As Covid rates continue to be high in Cheshire and Warrington we have reviewed our Health & Safety risk assessments and processes and we can confirm all of our existing enhanced H&S processes and practices will continue to be in place for all of our colleagues.
We would also ask that our customers continue to;
- Wear a mask if our colleagues are working in your homes, if you are able to.
- Keep a social distance when our colleagues are in your homes
- Ventilate your home when our colleagues are in your homes
We want to say thank you for your ongoing cooperation, we know that Covid, lockdowns and the associated impacts are frustrating but our number one priority is colleague and customer safety.
Due to the pandemic we are seeing daily challenges that affect our workforce and customers. We are working hard to resolve the issue as quickly and efficiently as possible. The main priority is always to keep our employees and customers safe. We do have an ongoing backlog of work and are working through this using a risk-based approach, keeping customer and employees safe at all times. This is influencing completion times for repairs which are taking longer to complete than normal, this is especially affecting large plastering works, where our staff would need to be in properties for a number of days.
Repairs Service Update August-September 2021
We know that Covid continues to be both a worrying and frustrating time for everyone. We want to thank customers for your ongoing understanding during this challenging time. Below is an update about our repairs service.
- We continue to book emergency repairs via 0300 303 9848, this service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can read more about emergency repairs here. Please note our out of hours call service can experience high call demand and you may need to wait on hold for a short time, there is a call back service available should this occur.
- We encourage you to book standard repairs via our My Account app. The app is available all week including weekends and uses the same booking system as our phone lines, so appointments over the phone will not be any sooner than those booked via the app. Click here to register.
- We continue to follow Government guidelines, this means when our staff have to isolate repairs appointments may have to be cancelled at short notice and then re-booked, this is to keep our staff and customers safe.
- We are experiencing some delays with materials, but we are working hard to source alternative high quality materials, this may affect some appointment timescales.
- We are actively recruiting new staff to help us with the repairs we have.
- Our customer hub staff are working between their homes and our Head Office. We'd ask you to bear with our staff as they may have children at home isolating but we are answering your calls and here to help.
- You can report new routine repairs via our app, click here to download or by calling us on 0300 303 9848. Emergency repairs (including any necessary compliance checks / H&S related work or inspections) continue by calling 0300 303 9848.
- Our Head Office Our Head Office at Gadbrook Park is now open including our reception service. We are running slightly reduced hours of 9am-4pm for Reception. All of our services remain available remotely.
- Our support teams continue to work a mixture of home and office working. Please visit the service pages on this site for more informartion.
A visual guide to services