The Government recently announced that Covid restrictions in England are now changing to ‘Living with Covid’. Thank you for your continued understanding during the challenging times we have all faced over the past two years.
What does this mean for Weaver Vale Housing Trust and our customers?
- We are still experiencing absences due to Covid but are trying to minimise the impact of this on our services in line with the new government guidance and updates to our risk assessments.
- Due to the pandemic, we are seeing daily challenges that affect our workforce and customers. When our trades staff isolate, they cannot work. This can mean cancelling over 40 jobs they may have booked in for that week. This is influencing completion times for repairs which are taking longer to complete than normal, this is especially affecting larger works, where our colleagues need to be in properties for a number of days.
- When a colleague tells us they are isolating & cannot work, our customer hub staff will call immediately to rearrange the appointment. They will look at the appointment diary for the next available date, but we are booking appointments further in advance than we would like to.
- We continue to book emergency repairs via 0300 303 9848, this service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Our customer hub team and out of hours call service are both experiencing high call demand and you may need to wait on hold for a short time, there is a free call back service available should this occur.
- We encourage you to book standard repairs via our My Account app. The app is available all week including weekends and uses the same booking system as our phone lines, so appointments over the phone will not be any sooner than those booked via the app. Click here to register for free.
- We continue to experience some delays with materials. We are working hard to source alternative high-quality materials, this may affect some appointment timescales.
- Our customer hub colleagues are working between their homes and our Head Office. We'd ask you to bear with our colleagues as they may have children at home isolating, but we are answering your calls and here to help.
Due to the easing of the restrictions, we have reviewed our own risk assessments. What does this mean for customers?
- All of our services are still operating. Face to face services will still take into account appropriate Health and Safety precautions where necessary.
- Our colleagues continue to work in multiple locations including our Head Office.
- Our Head Office reception remains open for visitors and customers.
We would ask that customers continue to;
- Notify us if anyone in the household has tested positive for Covid where you have an appointment for us to visit your home.
- Keep a social distance when our colleagues are in your homes if possible.
- Ventilate your home when our colleagues are in your homes if possible.
Our colleagues, who have appointments in customer homes, will continue to;
- Wear appropriate PPE for the work being undertaken including the wearing of masks if you as the customer request it.
- Wipe down any surfaces before we start work, don’t be offended this is a H&S measure only.
- Wipe down surfaces after we finish the work & bag up and take those wipes with us.
Thank you for your ongoing cooperation, we know that Covid and the associated impacts have caused some frustration but our number one priority has always been is colleague and customer safety.
- You can report new routine repairs via our app, click here to download or by calling us on 0300 303 9848. Emergency repairs (including any necessary compliance checks / H&S related work or inspections) call 0300 303 9848.
- Our Head Office Our Head Office at Gadbrook Park is open including our in-person reception service, which is open 9am-4pm Monday to Friday. All of our services remain available remotely.
- Our support teams continue to work a mixture of home and office working. Please visit the service pages on this site for more information.