COVID-19 Information for Customers
Our latest service update February 2021
We understand COVID-19 continues to be a worrying situation, the safety of our colleagues and customers is our utmost priority. We have assessed the latest England wide lockdown restrictions and at present we do not see these restrictions affecting our customer-facing services. We will continue to monitor this and will let customers know if any changes do take place.
Due to the pandemic we are seeing daily challenges that affect our workforce and customers. We are working hard to resolve the issue as quickly and efficiently as possible. The main priority is always to keep our employees and customers safe. We do have an ongoing backlog of work that has been created due to Covid, which we are working hard to resolve. We are working through this backlog using a risk-based approach, keeping customer and employees safe at all times. This is influencing completion times for repairs which are taking longer to complete than normal, this is especially affecting large plastering works, where our staff would need to be in properties for a number of days.
Cancelled repairs from the initial of lockdown continue to be carried out. However in some areas of work such as Plastering and Roofing works we have a backlog due to the current pandemic, and are having to prioritise some repairs.
You can report new routine repairs via our app, click here to download or by calling us on 0300 303 9848. Emergency repairs (including any necessary compliance checks / H&S related work or inspections) continue by calling 0300 303 9848.
- Our Head Office remains closed.
- Our support teams continue to work from home, please visit the service pages on this site for more informartion.
If you have an emergency repair call us on 0300 303 9848. Our out of hours call centre is experiencing very high call demand at present so you may have to wait on hold. You can request a call back if you are unable to hold. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org please include details of the emergency repair along with your name and contact telephone number.
An Emergency is any repair that is required in order to sustain the immediate health, safety or security of the customer at risk or affects the structure of the property. Here you will find a guide to what is an emergency repair.
- A suspected gas escape or Carbon Monoxide; Please leave the house and phone the National Gas Emergencies number immediately on 0800 111 999, please then call us.
- Loss of entire supply of electricity, and/or water and/or gas in home
- In the instance of total loss of power, water or gas, please check with your neighbours to see if other properties are affected before contacting us. If more than one property is affected please check website your gas or electricity suppliers website. If just your property is affected call us.
- Loss of the entire heating provision in home.
- If you have alternative heating such as an electric, gas or solid fuel fire then this will not be classed as an emergency unless there are vulnerability issues to consider, our Customer 1st Hub colleagues will discuss this during your call
- Loss of hot water facilities in home. Where your health condition requires regular bathing and where there is no electric shower please call us.
- Serious plumbing leaks where the property structure is in danger of damage (If the leak is containable this is not considered to be an emergency, please call us during the daytime to report as a standard repair).
- Serious structural failures in home. If you feel your home is unsafe, please leave and call us. If you feel there is imminent danger to life call 999.
- Home is not secure / broken glazing to windows. If the external pain only is cracked this would not be considered an emergency. The emergency repair will be to board up the window only to 1st floor.
- Toilet is blocked and its the only one in the house.
- If you have one toilet and that is blocked please call us. If you have more than one working toilet this is not an emergency repair. If the blockage is affecting more than one property, please contact United Utilities on https://www.unitedutilities.com/emergencies/
- Main drain is blocked. If the blockage is affecting more than one property please contact United Utilities on https://www.unitedutilities.com/emergencies/
- Communal door entry system is broken (where access is being restricted/left insecure)
- Service lifts (including stair lifts) are not working
- Locked out of our home.
- Please be aware that this will be rechargeable to yourself at a cost of £120.00. Are you able to gain access through another door or has a neighbour or family member got a key to your property? If your tenancy is in joint names, permission to carry out the repair will be required from both of you. If you require a lock to be changed for any other reason, please contact us.
- Mains smoke alarm and/or carbon monoxide (CO) alarm is faulty
We are delighted to announce our involvement in the national Government backed Kickstart scheme. We are creating ten new job placement opportunities for local residents at risk of long-term ...Weaver Vale supports national Kickstart job placement scheme