Cold Weather Help and Advice
In the event of extreme weather and related issues, you may find it takes longer to get through to us on the phones, our colleagues will answer calls as soon as they can, but there could be a significant wait time due to the increase in calls generated by the event. You can request a call back if you are unable to wait on hold and our colleagues will call you back when your call back reaches the front of the queue.
Please remember all of our staff work very hard in difficult conditions to help resolve as many emergency repairs as possible, as quickly as possible.
Boiler not working in freezing temperatures?
If your boiler has stopped working in freezing temperatures, then there is a good chance that your condensate pipe has frozen. This can be resolved in most situations, without calling us. The link below will provide you with the information needed to help you defrost your condensate pipe. If you feel you cannot undertake this, please call us on 0300 303 9848.
You can find frozen pipe information here https://www.worcester-bosch.co.uk/heating-advice/frozen-condensate
To help us manage demand in the event of a weather emergency, we ask that:
- If you reported an issue, which is now sorted and you no longer need your appointment, please contact us and we will cancel the job.
- If you reported an emergency to us, please bear with us, you will be contacted.
- If you are waiting on a call back from us, please keep an eye out for our call.
- If you want to book a standard repair, please consider using My Account App HERE This free system allows you to see the same calendar as our repairs colleagues but with no need to call us, My Account is a lot quicker for you.
- Please continue to respect our colleagues, they are all doing their very best to help and assist you all.
- If you need to report an emergency repair, call us on 0300 303 9848.
United Utilities Help and Advice
- Problem with your water or wastewater? Click HERE United Utilities
- Stop Tap Help and Information Click HERE United Utilities
Can you help?
- If you have elderly parents or friends who are experiencing difficulties, are you able to provide help and support until their heating/hot water issue can be fixed?
- If you have any family or friends who need help until their issue is remedied, are you able to provide any temporary help or support?
Cold Weather Help & Advice
- Age UK – Cold weather advice and tips - https://www.ageuk.org.uk/information-advice/health-wellbeing/keep-well-this-winter/cold-weather-advice/
- Cheshire West and Chester Council – Tips for cold weather - https://www.cheshirewestandchester.gov.uk/news-and-views/incidents/tips-for-cold-weather
- UK Government – Tips for staying warm and well in the winter - https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/keep-warm-keep-well-leaflet-gives-advice-on-staying-healthy-in-cold-weather