What is ASB?
It is something which isn’t a crime but which could cause housing-related nuisance or annoyance to anybody living in one of our homes.
What isn’t ASB?
- Normal living noises at reasonable times of day.
- Children playing in a garden or a public space.
- Gossiping about a person or staring at them.
- Posts on Social Media. This isn’t housing related and we will advise people on how to report abuse to the media provider.
- Parking on the grass. We don’t own most of the grass verges, so we cannot stop people doing this.
- Criminal Activity. This should always be reported to the Police first. If anybody is found guilty of a crime committed in or around one of our homes then we will look to see if we can take action against their tenancy.
What should I do?
- Tell us. We will take a report from you by way of any method you like, email telephone, our website, anything. Just let us know which one you want us to use for our reply.
What will happen?
- We will listen to you. We can discuss what you would like to see done and we can explain what we can do.
- We aim to empower people to deal with things themselves. If neighbours fall out we know that if they agree a solution between themselves it sticks faster than anything we impose.
- We will give advice on how to speak to your neighbour, or offer to set up a meeting between you.
- If that doesn’t work then we will look at other ways, such as issuing a warning or looking for a written commitment about future behaviour.
- If that doesn’t work then we will look at all the legal powers available to us and select a course of action which will bring relief to the situation in the shortest possible time.
- We will always provide support all the way through for you, we will agree how often we will contact and update you.