Disrepair Claims

If you’re unhappy with our repairs service – talk to us first so we can put it right.

If you have any outstanding repairs, please contact us – our Customer Hub will be happy to update you about when your works will be completed.  Call on 0300 303 9848 or email enquiries@wvht.co.uk

We want to ensure repairs are completed to the correct timescales and to a high standard. If that’s not your experience, the quickest way for us to put it right is to let us investigate and agree a solution with you – so please talk to us first.

Raising a complaint

You can raise a complaint by notifying our colleagues who will log the details for you or by contacting us in writing at Complaints, Weaver Vale Housing Trust, Gadbrook Park, Rudheath Way, Northwich Cheshire CW7 9LL  or by completing the enquiry form on our Complaints page here.

Initially we will investigate and contact you within five working days to agree the next steps with you. If you are still dissatisfied, you can raise a Stage One formal complaint where a more senior manager will provide you with a written response within 20 working days.  If that doesn’t resolve the issue, you can ask our complaints panel, made up of representatives from our Board and Executive Management Team, to review your complaint at Stage Two.

More information about our complaints process is available here on our Complaints page.

From time to time we have received reports about claims management firms canvassing for cases in our areas. Unfortunately, some customers report that these agents are not always clear about who they are and what they are doing, and customers have mistakenly believed they are from the Weaver Vale Housing Trust. In some cases, customers have been asked to sign paperwork to start disrepair claims without having the terms explained to them or being given a copy of the contract. 

Remember that our trades colleagues will always:

  • Make a pre-arranged appointment with you, which will be confirmed with you
  • Carry Weaver Vale Housing Trust ID
  • Our trade staff will arrive in Weaver Vale vans / vehicles.

Claims management firms may also contact you by phone, email and leaflets. Please make sure you know who you are speaking to and if in any doubt, don’t respond and contact us directly.

Many solicitors offer 'no win no fee' agreements.  However, before signing up to this type of contract, make sure you have fully read it and understand all of the terms – you may be surprised to find there could be circumstances where you have to pay some legal costs and the solicitors will usually take a percentage of any compensation awarded to you.  Remember that you will have to attend Court to give your evidence in person if the case goes to trial.

Other Agencies you can speak to are:

If you want to raise your complaint with other agencies, you may find it useful to contact:

The Local Authority Repairs/Environmental Health Team who can inspect your property and have statutory powers to compel landlords to complete repairs.

The Housing Ombudsman (they will usually ask you to use our complaints process first) - https://www.housing-ombudsman.org.uk/

The Citizens Advice Bureau or local law centre - https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/about-us/contact-us/contact-us/search-for-your-local-citizens-advice/