Transferring & Mutual Exchange

Homeswapper logo If you are an existing customer and are looking to move to a property more suited to your needs you can apply for a transfer or seek a mutual exchange (swap) with another Weaver Vale customer or a customer of another Housing Association or Local Authority.

To find someone to exchange your home with, register for free on You will need to create an online account with the details of your current property and what type of home you are looking for. Homeswapper will then search for suitable matches and send alerts to notify you of potential swaps.

We always advise customers to include as much information as possible when registering with Homeswapper and find that customers who include photographs of their property are more successful in securing a swap.

Can I exchange my property?

To be eligible you must:

  • Have no rent arrears
  • Move to a property of the correct size for your current needs
  • Not be subject to a Possession Order, have an Antisocial Behaviour Order or have any other serious tenancy issues

What do I do if I find a suitable swap?

If you find a suitable customer to swap with, you should complete  a  Mutual Exchange Application Form

If your exchange involves another Housing Association or Local Authority tenant, you will need to contact both landlords and complete the relevant application forms. You must not make any arrangements to move until you receive written permission from us.

How do I transfer homes?

If you are already a tenant with us and your need changes, we may be able to transfer you to another home.

To transfer homes you will need to apply via:

 West Cheshire Homes. (if your are currently a tenant with us living in the Cheshire West and Chester area,

Cheshire Home Choice (if you are currently a tenant with us living in Cheshire East.

Warrington Borough Council If you are currently a tenant with us living in Warrington.

Your application will be assessed in line with the relevant allocation policy and if you are shortlisted for a vacancy our staff will contact you to discuss your requirements in more detail. 

Contact us for more information.