Transferring & Mutual Exchange
If you are an existing customer and are looking to move to a property more suited to your needs you can apply for a transfer or seek a mutual exchange (swap) with another Weaver Vale customer or a customer of another Housing Association or Local Authority.
To transfer homes you will need to apply via Trust Homechoice.
To swap homes with another customer you must have an assured tenancy and you will need to register on Homeswapper
- Homeswapper will match you to any potential swaps
- Homeswapper will email or text you with details of potential swaps
- You will be able to use the information provided to find a new home
We always advise customers to include as much information as possible when registering with Homeswapper and find that customers who include photographs of their property are more successful in securing a swap.
What do I do if I find a suitable swap?
If you find a suitable customer to swap with, you must contact the Tenancy Services Team on 01606 813588 or 01606 813555 . All parties involved in the swap will need to complete this Mutual Exchange Application Form
If your exchange involves another Housing Association or Local Authority tenant, you will need to contact both landlords and complete the relevant application forms. You must not make any arrangements to move until you receive written permission from us.
How do I transfer homes?
To apply to transfer you will need to visit West Cheshire Homes and complete an online application form.
Cheshire West and Chester Council manage the housing register and will process your application. It will be assessed in line with Common Allocation Policy, you will be provided with:
- A unique reference number and memorable date which should be used every time you log into your Trust Homechoice account.
- The date of your application.
- The band awarded to your application.
- The number of bedrooms you are eligible to be considered for.
When you receive this information you will be able to view our available homes and start to bid for any meeting your requirements.
Contact us for more information.