Cost of Renting
If you're thinking of renting from us, you can never be too prepared!
Only bid on properties with the number of bedrooms your family needs:
- Each adult couple – one room
- Any other adult (aged 16 or over) – one room
- Two children of the same sex under 16 – one room
- Two children regardless of sex under 10 – one room
- A carer, or a team of carers, who do not live with you but provide you or your partner with care are also entitled to a bedroom.
- All our properties are let as unfurnished, therefore it is a good idea to start thinking about the furnishings you would like for your home and where you will get them from.
- You will need carpets, curtains, sofa, table, kitchen appliances & kitchen items, TV, beds, bathroom items
- Visit ‘Changing lives in Cheshire’ (who sell good quality second hand furniture) located on Winsford Industrial Estate, other local charity shops who sell second hand furniture items include St Lukes in Winsford & Hartford, The British Heart Foundation in Crewe, also YMCA in Crewe.
- Also try websites such as Freecycle
- Before you accept a tenancy with us check that you can afford the costs of running a home.
- All new customers will have an appointment with the Money Matters Team before a tenancy offer is made.
- Get existing debts under control before you take on a tenancy.
- Start saving now so you can afford to furnish your home!
- Open an account at West Cheshire Credit Union to help you save.
- Prepare for moving costs and the possibility of two rentals overlapping.