Search the Weaver Vale Housing Trust website
If you wish to purchase land from us please complete the application form following the link and return it to:
Weaver Vale Housing Trust,
Alternatively, you can email the form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, you can contact Chris Roberts on 01606 813581.
What we need:
- Completed application form; and
- A plan outlining the area you wish to purchase.
- £20 admin fee
What will happen next?
- Upon receipt of your letter if we cannot establish the boundaries of the land from your drawing/sketch we will send you another plan to mark.
- Once we have established the boundaries of the site we will make enquiries within the Trust as to whether the land can be sold.
- If there are no objections, we will begin the valuation process.
If we are able to sell the land to you, you will be responsible for all associated costs including but not limited to:
- Valuation fee – the cost at present is approximately £200 + VAT;
- Plans preparation – minimum £100 plus VAT;
- Our legal costs which are likely to be in the region of £500 plus VAT;
- Your own legal fees;
- Land registry fee; and
- The purchase price.
- £20 admin fee
Why might the Trust refuse to sell?
Please be aware that sometimes we are unable to sell certain areas of land. This may be because, for example:
- We do not own the land you wish to purchase – we will check this when we receive your letter and will let you know if this is the case.
- It is a green area on an estate.
- We may have plans to develop the area.
Please note that we are not required to disclose the reasons if we refuse to sell a piece of land.
You should be aware that depending on the sale price we may need Homes and Communities Agency approval for the sale and this cannot be guaranteed. If they refuse you will remain responsible for the payment of any fees incurred up to the date of their refusal.
We will also require the approval of our Board to the sale and again this cannot be guaranteed and the same applies in relation to fees.
If your application to purchase the land is refused for any reason, you may be able to apply for a licence which would enable you to use the land for specified reasons.
If you are a tenant and would like to buy the property, please click here.