Register for affordable rent homes in Cheshire & Warrington
We do not manage the administration of housing waiting lists in Cheshire. Each area listed below has a different system for being able to register and bid on available homes which are run by the local authority. Please register on the links below.
Homes in West Cheshire
All of our available homes in West Cheshire are advertised online via the Cheshire West & Chester Council 'Choice Based Lettings' system called West Cheshire Homes. Firstly, you will need to register and see if you are eligible. If eligible, you are then able to bid on homes on West Cheshire Homes. Click here to be taken to West Cheshire Homes. Please note available homes can be added at any time and you can set up an alert to be notified of new properties.
Homes in East Cheshire
All of our homes in East Cheshire are advertised online via the Cheshire East Council system. Please register here
Homes in Warrington
All of our available homes in Warrington are advertised via Warrington Borough Council. You will need to register on this system, please click here to register on the Warrington affordable homes portal.
West Cheshire Homes - How to register and bid on homes
All social landlords, including Weaver Vale Housing Trust, will be able to put an advert on the West Cheshire Homes website for any vacant property they have on any day of the week, rather than waiting to advertise the property weekly.
This means you will need to check more regularly on any potential vacancies that may come up otherwise you may miss out on being able to bid for a property in your chosen area.
Setting up a property alert
To prevent you from missing out on bidding for a potential vacant property, why not set up a property alert which will automatically notify you when a property that meets your needs becomes vacant, follow the steps below;
1. Log into your West Cheshire Homes Account, Using your usual email address and password
2. Click on the Property Alert box
3. Click on each of the options and indicate your preferred choices
4. Indicate your preferred email frequency
5. Click save and your property alert is ready to go.
If you are looking for a home, please make sure you are registered with West Cheshire Homes - you can register here - http://orlo.uk/EmLkZ If you have any questions about setting up this alert please contact West Cheshire Homes here - http://orlo.uk/ZTBhP
What happens when you become a Weaver Vale customer?
When your application is accepted you will need to pay your first month’s rent in advance, this will be taken when you sign (either in person or online) for your home (your tenancy agreement).
Moving into a Weaver Vale home means you can use our full range of services exclusive to our customers and have access to our friendly Customer Hub team – plus a range of face to face services from our colleagues.
When our homes become available to let we always carry out a full check to see what (if any) repairs and improvement work may need to be carried out. This may mean in some circumstances you may have to wait for some work to be completed before receiving your keys. We will of course keep you updated on timescales.
We will ensure all our empty homes meet the Decent Homes Standard. This means that properties will have:
- A reasonably modern kitchen
- A kitchen with adequate space and layout
- A reasonably modern bathroom
- An appropriately located bathroom and WC
- Adequate insulation against external noise (where external noise is a problem)
- Adequate size and layout of common areas for blocks of flats
We will ensure that the property is safe by:
- Testing all gas installations to make sure they’re safe and in good working order and provide a gas safety certificate
- Check all wiring and electrical installations and provide an electrical safety certificate
- Provide an energy performance certificate at the point of letting
Our homes do not usually have flooring provided.
We will review the standard of decoration when you view your new home and may be able to assist with a decoration allowance.
As part of the application process our staff will identify any additional support required and depending on individual circumstances may be able to work to obtain grants to support with flooring and other essential items.
There are various agencies and charities which can assist with grants subject to meeting any qualifying criteria.
Some of these include:
- Help scheme- Run by Cheshire West and Chester Council. www.cheshirewestandchester.gov.uk
- Independence at Home- www.independenceathome.org.uk. This charity offers support for people living with a disability or long-term illness
- Glasspool Charity Trust- https://www.glasspool.org.uk. May offer small one-off grants for housing essentials
- SSAFA- The armed forces charity- https://www.ssafa.org.uk. Providing support to servicemen, veterans and their families
We want to make sure you are able to live in your new Weaver Vale home happily and within your means. This does mean when you apply we will undertake full checks to confirm affordability and eligibility. This may include carrying out a credit reference check. Please click here to see the list of evidence required for our checks. Our team will work through this checking process with you.
Our Services for Weaver Vale customers
When you become a customer of Weaver Vale you are able to access a wide range of services. Customer Service is at the heart of Weaver Vale and we aim to provide high levels of services to all of our customers.
Our Services include;
- Decoration voucher/allowance for your new home (if needed)
- Repairs and Maintenance service including gas safety and fire alarm checks.
- FREE Exclusive Customer app; with rent payment and balance enquiry functions as well as repairs booking Click here to register
- Emergency repairs service 365 days per year, 24 hours per day
- Improvement programme to homes
- Money (& Benefit) Advice services
- Open Spaces team in all communities
- Support and Wellbeing team
- Work and Work Advice teams
- Exclusive Home Insurance scheme
If you are homeless or threatened with homelessness Cheshire West and Chester provides advice and information to help you take action. If you need assistance from the Council you should contact the Housing Options team as early as possible if you are homeless or threatened with homelessness within 56 days.
You can contact the housing options team by telephone or by completing the online self-referral form HERE
Cheshire East – you can find details HERE
Warrington Borough Council – you can find details HERE
We have over 6,200 homes to rent throughout Cheshire & Warrington, with a large variety ranging from 1-2 bedroom flats to 2,3,4 and 5 bedroom family homes, we have a home to suit you and your family. We also have bungalows suitable for those aged 55 and over and Independent Retirement Apartments available throughout the Cheshire area. Some of our properties have also been specially adapted for mobility needs.
Areas we have homes in;
- Northwich and surrounding villages
- Davenham Village
- Lostock Gralam, Northwich
- Rudheath, Northwich
- Wincham & Weaverham, Northwich
- Chelford Village near Knutsford
- Outlying rural villages such as Tarporley, Peover, Little Leigh, Byley, Brereton