Becoming a Weaver Vale customer
When your application is accepted you will need to pay your first month’s rent in advance, this will be taken when you sign for your home (your tenancy agreement).
Moving into a Weaver Vale home means you can use our full range of services exclusive to our customers and have access to our friendly Customer Hub team – plus a range of face to face services from our colleagues.
When our homes become available to let we always carry out a full check to see what (if any) repairs and improvement work may need to be carried out. This may mean in some circumstances you may have to wait for some work to be completed before receiving your keys. We will of course keep you updated on timescales.
We want to make sure you are able to live in your new Weaver Vale home happily and within your means. This does mean when you apply we will undertake full checks to confirm affordability and eligibility. This may include carrying out a credit reference check. Please click here to see the list of evidence required for our checks. Our team will work through this checking process with you.
When you become a customer of Weaver Vale you are able to access a wide range of services. Customer Service is at the heart of Weaver Vale and we aim to provide high levels of services to all of our customers.
Our Services include;
- Decoration voucher/allowance for your new home (if needed)
- Repairs and Maintenance service including gas safety and fire alarm checks.
- FREE Exclusive Customer app; with rent payment and balance enquiry functions as well as repairs booking Click here to register
- Emergency repairs service 365 days per year, 24 hours per day
- Improvement programme to homes
- Money (& Benefit) Advice services
- Open Spaces team in all communities
- Support and Wellbeing team
- Work and Work Advice teams
- Exclusive Home Insurance scheme
Changes to bidding on homes in West Cheshire
From December 2020 West Cheshire Homes introduced daily bidding homes.
What does this mean for you?
All social landlords, including Weaver Vale Housing Trust, will be able to put an advert on the West Cheshire Homes website for any vacant property they have on any day of the week, rather than waiting to advertise the property on a Thursday.
This means you will need to check more regularly on any potential vacancies that may come up otherwise you may miss out on being able to bid for a property in your chosen area.
Setting up a property alert
To prevent you from missing out on bidding for a potential vacant property, why not set up a property alert which will automatically notify you when a property that meets your needs becomes vacant, follow the steps below;
1. Log into your West Cheshire Homes Account, Using your usual email address and password
2. Click on the Property Alert box
3. Click on each of the options and indicate your preferred choices
4. Indicate your preferred email frequency
5. Click save and your property alert is ready to go.
If you are looking for a home, please make sure you are registered with West Cheshire Homes - you can register here - http://orlo.uk/EmLkZ If you have any questions about setting up this alert please contact West Cheshire Homes here - http://orlo.uk/ZTBhP
Renting a home
We have over 6,200 homes to rent throughout Cheshire, with a large variety ranging from 1-2 bedroom flats to 2,3,4 and 5 bedroom family homes, we have a home to suit you and your family.
We also have bungalows suitable for those aged 55 and over and Independent Retirement Apartments available throughout the Cheshire area. Some of our properties have also been specially adapted for mobility needs.
Areas we have homes in;
- Northwich and surrounding villages
- Davenham Village
- Lostock Gralam, Northwich
- Rudheath, Northwich
- Wincham & Weaverham, Northwich
- Chelford Village near Knutsford
- Outlying rural villages such as Tarporley, Peover, Little Leigh, Byley, Brereton
Homes in West Cheshire
All of our available homes in West Cheshire are advertised online via the Cheshire West & Chester Council 'Choice Based Lettings' system. Please register via this link
Homes in East Cheshire
All of our homes in East Cheshire are advertised online via the Cheshire East Council system. Please register via this link
Homes in Warrington
All of our availale homes in Warrington are advertised via Warrington Borough Council. Please click here