Solid Fuel Appliances

Thinking of installing a trendy log burner? We might end up taking it away

We understand that many people are looking at alternative ways of heating their properties. Wood burning stoves are becoming increasingly popular, and with them comes an increased risk of house fires and carbon monoxide poisoning.

Whilst we can appreciate that solid fuel or wood burning appliances may seem an attractive proposition, we will no longer grant permission for these to be installed in our properties.

Open flues are potentially dangerous and any installation must not be carried out without our permission. Where our staff visit a property and find an open fire or wood burner that is not registered with Weaver Vale Housing Trust, the appliance will be removed and the cost will be passed onto the customer.

Read Solid Fuel leaflet. to find out more