Last month the government released their vision for the future of social housing - with the aim of providing safe, secure homes that help people get on with their lives.
Some of the government’s ideas for the future are:
- Tackling the stigma of living in social housing and celebrating thriving communities
- New options to help people buy their own home.
- Improving how landlords resolve complaints and increasing support for tenants when things go wrong.
- Empowering residents to have their say in how homes and services are delivered
- Making sure we provide you with safe and decent homes
- Introducing performance league tables for housing providers
- Better protection and rights for tenants who are survivors of domestic abuse
- A review of how social housing providers like us, are regulated and held to account
You can read the full proposals in the Green Paper here
We are preparing our response to the Green Paper, and the UK Government want to hear from you too.
Have your say by completing this survey