Welcome to the Community Caretaking Team
Through our Caretaking Service we are confident that we can make a huge impact on improving the appearance of our neighbourhoods and the quality of life for our customers.
Who are we?
Karen Sinclair - Team Leader
What is our aim?
To have cleaner, greener and safer neighbourhoods
To increase customer satisfaction in our identified key neighbourhoods
On this page you will find the patches (areas) that we cover and the caretaker responsible for that neighbourhood.
We also have our specification of work and service standards so you can be clear on the performance that is expected from the team.
What do we do?
- Litter pick our neighbourhoods
- Removing low level graffiti
- Conducting minor repairs
- Site audits to ensure compliance of the grounds maintenance contract
- Bi-monthly inspections of our communal flatted blocks
- Weekly playground inspections
- Ad-hoc horticultural work
- Participating in neighbourhood strolls and neighbourhood events
- Participating in partnership events
- Reporting all incidents that affect the appearance and safety of our neighbourhoods
What do we not do?
- Grass cutting on Trust open spaces
- Shrub bed maintenance
- Weed killing
- Removal of bulky items
- Removal of abandoned vehicles
- Personal garden maintenance
- Hedge cutting
- Garage lock changes
What’s happening in the next few months?
- We have a planned programme of winter works to target specific areas
- We will be focusing on clearing known “grot spots”
- We will be clearing communal gardens and ensuring they are kept clean and tidy in the future
- We will be clearing overgrown areas to improve the appearance of the neighbourhoods
- We will be promoting the work we do in “Your Home” magazine and local press
What do we want to achieve as a team?
- That we act as ambassadors for the Trust
- That we become the “eyes & ears” of our neighbourhoods as we build up community relationships
- Build up relationships in or neighbourhoods so people will be confident in reporting problems and issues
- Build relationships with teams within the Trust
- Achieve greater partnership working with CWAC, FOCSA, Community Safety Wardens, Dog Wardens and PCSO’s to improve our neighbourhoods
Our Caretaking Team: left to right: Paul Bayliss, Mike Lapniewski, Dave Skilling